Featured Post

PINNED POST. CLICK HERE: Keeping these 3 videos of officer-involved domestic violence fatalities on top from now on...

Officer-Involved Domestic Fatalities - 1 Officer-Involved Domestic Fatalities - 2 [WA] Tragedy Will Occur If They Don't Have ...

Custom Search

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

[CA] EX-DEPUTY RACZ "GUILTY" OF KILLING WIFE ANN

John Racz convicted of murdering his wife
Former sheriff's deputy faces life in prison

Los Angeles Daily News
BY ALEX DOBUZINSKIS
08/22/2007

[EXCERPTS] In a case based on circumstantial evidence, a jury today convicted former sheriff's sergeant John Racz of murdering his estranged wife 16 years ago. ...Racz, 61, closed his eyes as the court clerk read the verdict on charges of first-degree murder. As the jurors reaffirmed their verdict one-by-one, Racz shook his head slightly before standing up to empty his pockets and go to jail... Joann Racz, 31, the oldest of the Racz siblings... "I'm just pretty much in shock right now," she said. "It's just really crazy sad news. I guess if I'm going to say something, I still love my dad, I still love my mom"... Juror Ram Sonthalia, 69, of Sylmar said that seeing the Racz children in the courtroom had no effect on the jury's judgment. "...we were not there to think about that"... Louis Danoff, 66, a retired sheriff's detective, was on the case from 1991, keeping at it even a few years after he retired... "I'm really thrilled, I'm really happy for the new blood they brought in to get us over the hump," said Danoff, who attended the trial daily. "... I can't believe the jury came back so quickly. I'm numb"...

Previous entries:
Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Cold Case unit @ Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department
1-323-890-5500

1 comment:

Please post updates or email them to behindthebluewall@gmail.com. No cop-hating or victim-hating comments allowed. Word verification had to be added due to spam attacks on this blog.