Featured Post

PINNED POST. CLICK HERE: Keeping these 3 videos of officer-involved domestic violence fatalities on top from now on...

Officer-Involved Domestic Fatalities - 1 Officer-Involved Domestic Fatalities - 2 [WA] Tragedy Will Occur If They Don't Have ...

Custom Search

Saturday, June 10, 2006

[WA] Jane Jermy



SHERIFF'S OFFICE
Deputy accused of assault loses his job
Frank Jermy's termination is the outcome of an internal investigation.
By Julie McCormick Sun Staff
Published in The Sun: 01/05/2001

Kitsap County Sheriff's Deputy Frank Jermy was fired on Thursday, about two months after an alleged assault against his wife Jane, a former Chief Deputy Coroner.

Jermy was on unpaid leave and the target of an internal investigation for undisclosed off-duty violations when deputies were called to the incident at his South Kitsap home Oct. 22.

This week's termination was the outcome of a new internal investigation triggered by the third-degree assault charges lodged against Jermy following the incident, said Undersheriff Dennis Bonneville.

Bonneville said normally the Sheriff's Office would not disclose the existence of an internal investigation or any discipline, but treated the Jermy case differently because of the attention the case had already received.

He declined to give further details except to say the decision to terminate Jermy followed a hearing convened by Patrol Chief Wayne Gulla.

Deputy Dave White, who operates the department's Office of Professional Standards, investigated the case, as he does all allegations of policy and procedure violations.

After the hearing, it was Gulla's decision to fire Jermy, said Bonneville.

Bonneville did not attend the hearing nor review the investigation because an appeal to him would be the next step if Jermy were to contest the decision.

To avoid conflict of interest, the King County Sheriff's Department was brought in to investigate the assault case.

Deputies' reports and charging documents in the alleged assault paint a picture of a family falling apart.

According to the investigation, Jermy was drunk when he and his wife got into an argument early on a Sunday morning.

He allegedly strangled her and put her in fear for her life, and at one time had a gun in his hand before deputies arrived.

Jermy was unavailable for comment at press time.

Reach reporter Julie McCormick at (360) 415-2683  (360) 415-2683 or jmccormick@thesunlink.com.

Published in The Sun: 01/05/2001 http://web.kitsapsun.com/news/2001/january/0105sheriffeputy.html
[police officer involved domestic violence oidv intimate partner violence (IPV) abuse law enforcement public safety fatality fatalities alleged said suicide washington state unsolved unresolved]

9 comments:

  1. help me with info about my mom...jane anne evans jermy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison, I will if I can. I've stepped out - probably risking looking a little nuts about your mom, bringing her up over and over on the police_dv group and three times here on this blog. I'm just a lady in a house somewhere, but my hope is that someone who can make things happen, will. Until then - or until I can concieve of a more effective way - I will just keep shaking the tree...

    hoping.

    I am so sorry you have this burden.
    And so so sorry you lost your ma.
    I hope you have some of her toughness to see you through.

    Hugz,
    Cloud_Writer at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is Shannon (Sherwood) Barbrich and Jane was like a mother to me. I was 14 when I met Jane and I am 32 now. I think of her EVERYDAY. What happened to her was tragic and I will never get over the sadness. I can only imagine what Allison went through. Love you Allison and I'm always thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Behind The Blue Wall,
    Thank you so much for responding to my post, I know Allison very well and talk to her on occasion. But I appreciate your offer to contact her. :) I just wanted to write about Jane because I miss her and wish so desperately to have her here to talk to....I know how proud she would be of her kids and of me..(I hope)! There are just so many unanswered questions I have for her and so many things I never got the opportunity to say......It's hard to live with that...

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJune 19, 2011

    Frank was arrested on domestic violence charges again against his girlfriend 6/18/11

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good info. I'm glad he didn't kill her. I will post on this. I've been swept up in a local community death and will be back at it shortly. Please forward any new info here or to the email address above. Thank you SOOOOO much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Listen Jane Jermy was my mother as well and Frank is my Dad.. i don't know who the hell you people think you are but stay out of my families business.. I grew up with both parents unlike other family members i was there 24 hours until my mom passed away no one i repeat NO ONE knew the trials and tribulations and addictions BOTH my parents faced better than me because i stuck around to sit by there sides unlike other friends and family. so before you go posting things on the internet you should take a look at yourself and ask if you really knew what was going on or where you making assumptions because i know who was there and none of the names on this post where..i know the truth of what happened that day and my mom is no longer in pain and you guys are ruining the life of my son and i by putting this crap on here..

    ReplyDelete

Please post updates or email them to behindthebluewall@gmail.com. No cop-hating or victim-hating comments allowed. Word verification had to be added due to spam attacks on this blog.